Home » » What's in Vivek's Bag

What's in Vivek's Bag

Written By Unknown on Monday, January 28, 2013 | 10:27 AM

Dukutek.com - After seeing Brian’s post on the gear he brought to CES, I decided to write my own. Forewarning: his kit is far more intense than mine. After two years of carrying a pretty heavy backpack all over the show floor, I was fed up. My focus was on outright mobility for what I took with me on the go, which meant two really key substitutions: a Windows 8 tablet for a real notebook, and a compact interchangeable lens camera for a DSLR. My first CES, I carried a 14” HP EliteBook and a Nikon D5000 (18-55 kit lens). Last year was my trusty 13” MacBook Pro and my equally trusty Nikon D7000 (18-105 kit lens). Either way, it’s a total of about 8 pounds, plus the weight of the backpack and any other miscellaneous equipment I was carrying on me (notably, an iPad the first year that I didn’t even bother with last year.)


Right after seeing Brian’s publish on the equipment he or she brought to CES, When i made a decision to generate my personal. Admonishment: his system is actually much more intensive than my very own. Right after couple of years connected with hauling a pretty major rucksack all over the display ground, When i was upset. My personal concentrate was about overall mobility regarding what When i required by himself busy, which often designed 2 actually important alterations: a Microsoft windows 8 supplement for just a real laptop computer, as well as a compact compatible lens digital camera for just a DIGITAL. My personal initial CES, When i took a 14” HORSEPOWER EliteBook as well as a Nikon D5000 (18-55 system lens). Recently was my reliable 13” MacBook Seasoned and also my similarly reliable Nikon D7000 (18-105 system lens). In either case, it’s earnings of approximately 8 pounds, as well the pounds of the rucksack and also any other miscellaneous equipment When i was hauling about everyone (notably, a great apple ipad tablet the 1st season that i didn’t actually utilize this past year. )

This holiday season, I’m using your Samsung ATIV Clever LAPTOP OR COMPUTER while my traveling with a laptop remedy - it’s a Clover Piste W8 standing with tons connected with electric battery living, an excellent keyboard/laptop boat dock, a Wacom digitizer, as well as a complete pounds connected with 3 pounds. We have my honest reveal connected with difficulties with this product, yet it’ll last throughout the day, give everyone an excellent producing instrument, and also run Lightroom well, i can certainly distribute good articles busy. That’s actually most I needed that to do - I’m generally too busy during the day among group meetings to completely involve any kind of major computational power around my journey associate.

I’m furthermore bringing my Samsung Sequence 7 Chronos. We have a few fascination with this product - it’s an excellent all-rounder sort laptop computer, which often should go a ways when it comes to telling you the reason why I’ve now bought 2 ones all of which will almost certainly upgrade towards brand-new just one later on in 2010. Respectable quantity of work out horse power (IVB quad as well as a GT 640M), great key-board, definitely not too big, suitable electric battery living, satisfying good looks, and also great building. Two downers: your tv screen isn’t fantastic (1600x900 15. 6” non-IPS), plus the webcam/mic are generally further than rubbish. Nevertheless it’s certainly not failed everyone, actually underneath a few major pain though When i applied that for the reason that principal workstation regarding my Master’s thesis and also linked research. Nevertheless I’m leaving that on the inn that time. My personal nights connected with hauling 5 lb . notebooks around the Sin city Established practice Middle are generally in excess of. Consequently in excess of.

Essentially, I’d hold anything similar to a 13” MacBook Oxygen or Zenbook Primary, which might please let me get rid of the next technique. Nevertheless When i travelled in doing what I needed on hand, so we’ll observe very well that is effective. Only was driving towards display, I'd personally have got brought my 27” iMac. That could are actually brilliant. But it really won’t fit into my proceed suitcases, so it’ll need to remain at my workspace.

On a digital camera area, When i found a Panasonic Lumix GF3 prior to Xmas with an Amazon online marketplace Lightning Cope about impulse, after a thirty day period connected with deliberating about if to get a tight sidekick regarding my D7000. The particular combined pounds of the D7000 entire body plus the Tamron 17-50 f/2. 8 is actually anything on the obtain connected with 3. 5 pounds. Which only didn’t interest everyone at a lugging around the display ground understanding, that's why your leap in to the world connected with Minuscule 4/3rds video cameras. The particular GF3 was included with a 14-42mm PZ f/3. 5-5. 6 pancake zoom lens from the box, and also When i rapidly made up my thoughts to change your lens with anything swifter (I’ve mastered my lessons as much as system contact lenses, trust me). Key shoutout to help my friend Tao regarding financing everyone his 14mm f/2. 5 perfect lens in exchange for just a pan connected with pho, yet When i established my places on the more advanced 20mm f/1. 7 perfect and also picked out just one high on Craigslist previous right now. The particular swiftness goes flawlessly using the utter deficiency of great light everywhere a person proceed at CES. I’m planning to spend less your 14mm as being a burn extensive position. The particular GF3 entire body, plus both equally primes, totals in regards to lb .. Chuck within a arm straps compromised at a long left level and also shoot, and just like that, we’re in business.

I’m bringing a great apple ipad tablet minuscule as being a quick approach to look at web and also preview images on a lawn. When i found a 30 pin to help Lightning adapter to look with my previous apple ipad tablet Camera Connection System, causing a fairly silly searching archipelago connected with adapters, however it is effective. It’s light, so I’m ready to help to make your permitting - it’s much more easy to help retrieve than one of the greater 10”+ tablets.

From a on-line understanding, Let me have got my Nexus 5 on hand while my day by day unit, about T-Mobile’s DC-HSPA+. I’m furthermore hauling a T-Mobile Universe S3 with a next T-Mobile SIM from it as being a committed hotspot unit. I’m definitely not on the ground throughout Nevada nevertheless, yet depending on what John offers informed me, that feels like T-Mobile is getting fairly shamed by now, so I’m definitely not in which positive. I’m furthermore bringing a FreedomPop Wireless hotspot, on the away probability in which I’m the one man or woman throughout attendance with a unit in which joins to help Sprint’s previous WiMAX network. It’s really worth an attempt? Possibly? We’ll view.

Other randomly tools I’m bringing: a 6000 mAh electric battery regarding charging devices busy, directed at everyone at CES this past year from the friendly folks on the MyCharge presentation space, a number of display pushes, a mostly-empty 1TB Seagate USB3 hard drive in case, Razer’s Orochi wireless bluetooth computer mouse for your inn, your Samsung wireless earbuds on the Universe S3 box, as well as a Battlefield 3-edition Razer Blackshark headset for your travel arrangements. Likewise, a 6 vent power remove coming from IKEA, and also lots of cords, wires, and also power bricks.


With the visible dropping pounds connected with my gadget profile, When i furthermore made a decision to downsize your carrying case. I’ve acquired an excellent Large Sierra Top-notch collection rucksack (fits around 17” notebooks) in which I’m bringing every thing throughout, such as my showfloor carrier. It’s a great ASUS-branded Targus laptop computer briefcase coming from my dearest ASUS W7S (this is actually coming from last mid-2007, while ASUS accustomed to help to make entirely top quality computer systems and also incorporated components just like circumstances and also wireless bluetooth rodents with each and every one). It’s tiny plenty of who's suits inside my Large Sierra rucksack, and also has an make straps in which isn’t pictured below. It’s little, that looks relatively expert, and contains plenty of space regarding what I must take towards display ground. My personal considerations are generally two-fold: just one make straps vs . busting my heap around 2 within a rucksack - will it receive monotonous? Likewise, if i decide to bail on the Clover Piste experiement mid-conference, When i also have to move towards Large Sierra rucksack, since the Sequence 7 won’t squeeze into your briefcase.

Approximated complete pounds regarding my whole equipment carrier: only in excess of 6 pounds, that is less than only my DSLR+notebook setups coming from decades previous. My business is so enthusiastic. But somewhat fearful. Since when your strongest on-hand research unit is actually managing Atom whilst your digital camera appears to be a glorified level and also shoot, a person don’t really have very much place regarding problem. Anand claimed throughout reaction to my equipment, “You really are a courageous male. ” The particular line among braveness and also foolishness is usually a skinny just one. Time for it to start off praying.
Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Support : Dhorisberty | Dukutek | PC Components
Copyright © 2013-2014. dukutek - All Rights Reserved